Wednesday 28 January 2015

A new regular post I'd like to call 'What am I reading?' Today - Shifting Hearts by Dominique Eastwick

I have been working like mad recently. Managed to finish the first and second draft of the novel I fought my way through as part of NaNoWriMo. It is now at the beta readers as I work through it once more as well.

You would think that meant I could take a breather wouldn't you? Not so. My brain is already working on plotting out the next two novels (which are follow ups to the nanowrimo novel)

I have also been going crazy with the lack of time to read. So I have made time. This is the moment that I realized just how much I love my kobo. While at the gym (where I am trying once more to become healthier and in better shape) anyhoo, I can set the font to large and read away. Just this week I ended up spending double the amount of time on the eliptical than normal, and the time just flew by since I was reading. Yaah for multi tasking. Love it.


What have I been reading you ask? Well let me tell you, I just finished a novel by Dominique Eastwick. It's called Shifting Hearts and is part of the Wiccan Haus series available through Musa Publishing, it is a novella, at only 21500 words it is a quick, hot read. I am not a reviewer, nor do I profess to be one, keep that in mind. I know what I like and what I don't. And I liked this book.

Dana is a relatable character (although I could have used a touch more character development - that being said since it is a novella the amount we get to know her is probably suffice) She is coming back from being stood up at the altar and is escaping reality by heading to a mysterious spa with her bestie. The spa sounds like just the place we all need to go to, so that we can regroup after life throws us curveballs. But it does have twists of it's own. The Wiccan Haus spa is a haven not only to those humans who need emotional healing and recovery but also to the multitude of supernatural creatures that also need to have some relaxing down time.

The hero of the story is totally lickable, and very much the alpha male. He is a tough as nails supernatural creature and the chemistry between Dana and Rekkus jumps off the page. Rekkus has problems of his own and to some degree fights the attraction between the two of them. His story is heart breaking, and together the two damaged individuals work to heal each other.

Overall Shifting Hearts is a steamy, hot, completely fun read. It introduces the reader to the Wiccan Haus world (where a number of novellas by a variety of authors take place)in a fun, fast and interesting way.

I recommend giving it a read. I think you'll enjoy.

In case you are interested here's the link:
http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_42&products_id=33




No comments:

Post a Comment