Friday 7 November 2014

Let's go Cray-Cray!


So much has happened since I last wrote a blog entry. It has been a completely crazy couple of weeks. Last Friday Supernaturally Yours went live. It is available for ebook (epub, pdf, kindle formats) at this point. It will be available (fingers crossed) in print in February 2016. I'll include the links at the end of the post (just in case you haven't had a chance to get your copy yet) Also it will be available on kobo soon, just waiting for them to do their thing.

I had the most surreal day of my life the day it came out. First going to Amazon.ca and seeing my name, my book, my baby there available for the world was an insane moment. Then I went out for breakfast (I have a usual gang of friends that meets every friday for breakfast) and they cheered as I came in. They had also decorated the table and gifted me with many penises (or maybe it's penii ??) Why penis's you ask? Well that is a very long story, so let's leave it at my friends are awesome and let you use your imagination. If you ask nicely I might tell the story...

I fully admit to googling myself (how corny but I couldn't resist) when I got to the store that day, and the entire first page of results were real - even some I didn't know about. Again totally surreal moment.

After work being it was halloween the store I run hosted a huge Be-Witching Ball, which I organized and ran. So I tore around decorating and getting ready and making sure everyone had a blast and that things ran smoothly. It was cray-cray. The main event (besides drinking, dancing and hanging with friends) was an act we brought in for the night. I got to watch a woman sew her lips shut and skewer herself, where she added fruit to the ends. She looked like a weird fruit kabob. Again just adding to the nuts night and day.

Finally I went to bed and woke up the next morning to realize it was all true. It all happened. It wasn't some dream.

I also decided to take part in NaNoWriMo (if you're a writer this is a pretty neat initiative you should google it when you are googling yourself) For the uninitiated Nanowrimo is short for National Novel Writing Month. Basically setting a goal and writing like mad for the month to reach 50,000 words by the end of November. So while this is going on I don't anticipate posting a lot on here (I have enough words to write as it is)

Even now I still feel odd, like I am in some alternate reality. This hasn't sunk in. Try to understand up until the novel came out it was all an exercise. The bottom could fall out at any time. I honestly didn't think much past the "get the editing done and keep going" phase. It wasn't real. Now it is. Real. Like really real. And totally cray-cray.

I'm gonna sign off now I have to write at least 1500 words today - I'll post again in December (if I have any fingertips or brains left)

Here's the links I promised you:

http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=98ba3089fbb1275c59d249fe0f4cc0a6&keyword=gloria+bishop

http://www.amazon.ca/Supernaturally-Yours-Gloria-C-Bishop-ebook/dp/B00P2KL2OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415378965&sr=8-1&keywords=gloria+bishop

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23501845-supernaturally-yours?from_search=true



No comments:

Post a Comment